- Data Home
- Data Management
- IQ Station
- Training & Workshops
- Geospatial Resources
- DOI Service
- Contact / Help
Data & Digital Services (DDS)
Data & Digital Services is a department in the library consisting of the following units:
We provide expertise in the following areas:
Please contact Jeremy Kenyon if you need assitance with any of the following areas.
- Finding ecological/environmental data
- Metadata & Data Description
- Types of metadata
- Creating and developing documentation
- Planning to create and manage documentation throughout a project
- Data Management Planning
- How to prepare or plan for managing information in a funded project or course assignment
- Information on funding agency requirements
- Using the DMPTool
- Data Publication, Citation, and Distribution
- Methods for publishing datasets
- Identifiers for data, software, or similar types of research products
- Finding repositories in which to deposit data
Please contact Devin Becker if you need assitance with any of the following areas.
Digital Initiatives can provide digitization services for most formats using a variety of scanning equipment located in the Digital Lab:
- Flatbed scanners (maximum size: 12 x 17 in.)
- Flatbed scanner with beveled edge for books (maximum size: 8.5 x 12 in.)
- Auto document feeder
- Overhead scanner (grayscale only; maximum size: 17 x 23 in.)
- Transparency scanning (slides, negatives, etc.)
- Audio and cassette reels and tapes
Digital Initiatives can assist with file manipulation using Photoshop, including stitching large images together into one file. We can create full-text readable PDFs using OCR text recognition software. We are knowledgeable about metadata schemas as well as web design and display.
Please contact Bruce Godfrey if you need assitance with any of the following areas.
- Acquiring and licensing the software
- o Technical support
- Publishing geospatial resources as geospatial web services
- Storing data in an enterprise geodatabase
- Historical map vectorization
Please contact Annie Gaines if you need assitance with any of the following areas.
- Author agreements & book contracts: assistance with author agreements and contract translation service
- Copyright questions: assistance with questions on a variety of copyright issues, including fair use, classroom guidelines, and how to obtain permissions for using copyrighted materials
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs): in addition to providing access to the database of electronic theses and dissertations submitted after 2013, we also provide consultations around copyright issues pertaining to ETDs, such as permissions and using previously copyrighted materials. We can also digitize previously published print theses to add to the digital collection.
- Workshops: we will provide specialized workshops tailored to a particular focus or topic upon request, contact the scholarly communications librarian for scheduling or more information
- Open access archiving: assistance in depositing scholarly materials (including working papers, journal articles, reports, syllabi, etc.) into our institutional repository
- Open access publishing: assistance with publishing an open access monograph or the development of an open access journal, or in the conversion of a current journal to open access